Tuesday, December 2, 2014

"You're up then you're down"

That's exactly how it has been for the last two or so weeks. I'm getting back up there. Every time I feel less than, I try to mentally throw my hands up to the Lord, take a deep breath and pray for strength and comfort, remembering that he works at his own pace and to trust in that.
I keep getting signs from him which I find encouraging. Another random experience with the nurse who was there when I had my procedure done (more on that in a minute) that she too has PCOS and is on the same medication as me and has had two kids, trying for a 3rd. Another one during my doctors apt yesterday (more on that one too), she was telling me that one of her patients was able to get pregnant on just Metformin too. I hope its just that easy for me.

This entry will just be a quick update. There hasn't been any major changes, and probably wont have any in December except for one more doctors apt, which is our follow up with the fertility doctor. 

Last week I had my procedure done to remove the polyp. I didn't end up getting knocked out, but probably should have been. It was painful. I hope I never have to do that again. I wasn't in the 'picture taking mood,' but I wanted to capture this poster of a beach scene on the ceiling, so when you're laying on the table, you look right at it. Its a nice gesture I suppose. I spent the rest of the day on the couch watching all my dvr episodes of all things Bravo TV.

Yesterday I met with my endocrinologist to discuss my results of my now Hyper thyroid, I am usually Hypo. We also discussed my actions with the fertility doctors, she was happy to see that I am trying for a baby. I have been with this doctor for years now, so its nice to go through 'life events' and it seem like she truly cares that I am successful. Because of this change, my dosage has been adjusted and she wants me to wait until 6-9 weeks (until blood test show my levels) before I start any treatments with fertility.
Having a hyperthyroid increases the risk of miscarriages, low birth rate, among other problems.
Another road bump, but...  I will gladly (after a quick prayer and a deep breath) wait another cycle or two in order to have the most healthy and successful pregnancy. This will now put me late January, most likely February before I can move forward with treatments.

 
As mentioned, we are having our follow up apt with the fertility doctor on the 18th. All test, procedures, results will have come back and reviewed. I'm hoping to come out of this appointment with "the game plan," even though we wont be able to start it right away.

 
Until then, I will enjoy the holidays with family. Bake cookies. Take advantage of any nice days, go for walks. Get into some good books. And start the new year with a clear head, ready for my mission.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience Gods peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." Philippians 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment